- Vermont Peanut Butter Company collects certain Personally Identifiable Information that lets us know the specifics of who you are so that we can fill your orders for products. Personally Identifiable Information requested when you order a product might include your name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card or other payment information, and product details. If you contact our customer service representatives by e-mail, or if third parties send us correspondence about your activities or purchases on our site, we may keep a record of the correspondence or comments.
- We also may gather certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. For example, this information may include the web site's Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. On an aggregated basis, we collect anonymous data related to the pages, products, downloads and other content that is clicked on, searched for, transferred from and downloaded. We may disclose Non-Personally Identifiable Information to others without your consent.
- We use your Personally Identifiable Information to process orders and to keep you informed about your order status. We will disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties to charge your credit card and deliver your order. If customers do not pay us for products ordered, we may submit their account information to a third party collection agency. We may also share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties who provide services to us, our customers and web site visitors, such as authorized contractors, temporary employees and consultants. We may release Personally Identifiable Information when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to comply with law, enforce or apply the site Terms and Conditions or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Vermont Peanut Butter or third parties.
- We may provide Non-Personally Identifiable Information about our customers' purchases, traffic patterns, and related site information to third parties for the purpose of analysis, but these statistics do not include any Personally Identifiable Information.
- When you use our site we may store cookies on your computer in order to facilitate your use of our site. A cookie is a small data text file which is stored on your computer's hard drive that can later be retrieved to identify you. The cookies make your use of the site easier and allow you to retrieve an earlier shopping cart. You will be unable to shop on our site without your browser set to accept cookies.
- You must be at least 18 years old to use this site. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about visitors under 13 years of age. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age and believe that they have disclosed Personally Identifiable Information to us, please contact us at info@VtPeanutButter.com so that we may delete the child's information.
- The Personally Identifiable Information you provide to make purchases from us is secured using industry standard e-commerce security technology such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. We use this SSL technology in an effort to protect your information from being intercepted and read as it is transmitted over the Internet. The encrypted data goes to a secure site where your information is stored on restricted-access computers.
- If you visit another site through a link on our site, that site will independently collect, use and share your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you have questions about their information practices, please read their privacy policies.
- Vermont Peanut Butter reserves the right to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in the event that the company is sold, in whole or in part, either as an entire corporate entity or through an asset sale that includes a customer information database.
- We may change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless we tell you otherwise.